Reregister the Msxml3.dll file, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
— or —
In Windows Vista, click Start, click in the Start Search box, and then type command prompt. Under Programs, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Type %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER.
If you still can't sign in to Messenger, reinstall the XML Parser, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
- Visit the Microsoft download website for XML Parser.
- In the section for msxml3.msi, click Download, and then choose to save the file to your computer.
- Locate the Msxml3.msi file on your computer, and then double-click it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you still can't sign in to Messenger, restart Messenger, and then try to sign in again.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Error 80040111 or 80040154: You can't sign in to Windows Live Messenger
You may not be able to sign in to Windows Live Messenger because of a problem with your DLL file or the XML parser.
To resolve this issue, try the following: