Checking the Task StatusPeriodically check the status of scheduled tasks, because sometimes you may not be aware that a scheduled task did not run. Use the Detail view in the Scheduled Task window to see the following information about each task:
- Schedule - The schedule for the task.
- Next Run Time - The time and date that the task is next scheduled to run.
- Last Run Time - The time and date the task was last run.
- Status - The current status of the task.
- Last Result - Code that indicates the result of the last run.
- Blank - The task is not running, or it ran and was successful.
- Running - The task is currently running.
- Missed - One or more attempts to run this task was missed.
- Could not start - The most recent attempt to start the task did not work.
- 0x0: The operation completed successfully.
- 0x1: An incorrect function was called or an unknown function was called.
- 0xa: The environment is incorrect.
Also check the following data in the task's properties:
- Make sure the check box that turns on the task has a check mark.
- Check the path to the program and make sure that it is correct. Also check the program to see if it requires some command-line parameters that are missing.