Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Remote monitoring Sun Systems using ipmitool


The open-source tools ipmitool can be used to help manage and monitor Sun via the IPMI.

 

 

Chasis Status

# ipmitool -I lan -U root -H 192.168.1.5chassis status

 

Change Password

# ipmitool -I lanplus -H <IP Address> -U root -P <oldpassword> user set password 2 <newpassword>

 

Managing the System Event Log

Use ipmitool's sel elist command to print out the contents of the System Event Log

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root sel elist

 

If the System Event Log contains a large number of entries, the last modifier can be used with the sel elist subcommand to show only a specific number of the most recent events.

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root sel elist last 2

 

Clear the System Event Log

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root sel clear

 

Use the led get command to display the state of the LED lights on a system

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root sunoem led get

 

Use the sdr command to display sensor values

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root sdr type voltage

 

Display the Service Processor's network configuration

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root lan print 1

 

Print a list of all Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) inventory data

# ipmitool -I lan _H 192.168.1.5-U root fru print

 

Use the restart_cause command to display the cause of the last system restart

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root chassis restart_cause

 

Perform a hard reset of a remote system

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root chassis power reset

 

Request a PXE boot on the next reboot

# ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.1.5-U root chassis bootdev pxe

 

Some more….

 

Run the following against the Ilom:

ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> bmc info
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sel elist
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> fru
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sensor
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sunoem led get all


ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sunoem sbled get all


ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sdr elist
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sdr elist full
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> sdr elist all
ipmitool -I lan -H <ILOM IP address> -U <ILOM Username> chassis status

 

 

 

 


1 comment:

ceenu said...

Hi, is it possible to change sun blade ilom password using ipmi tool.