This issue occurs if you are unable to delete the datastore of the ESX host in VI client or Vcenter.
To workaround this issue, you must delete the partition from the command line.
To delete the partition:
- Connect to the ESX host using an SSH session
- Run this command to get the naa ID of the disk:
esxcfg-scsidevs –l | grep –I naa.<Number>
- Run the command:
Note: In this command, <number> is the number returned by the command in Step 2.
- Press d.
- Select partition 1.
- Press w. You see the message:
The partition table has been altered!
- Refresh the vmfs by running the following command in the SSH or ILO session:
- Refresh the VMware Infrastructure Client GUI.