Locate the converter-worker.xml file. By default, it is located at:
- Windows 7 and 2008 Server – C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Windows Vista, XP and 2003 Server – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- In older Windows versions – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Take a backup of the converter-worker.xml file.
- Open the file in a text editor and locate the tag pair <useSsl></useSsl>. It is located inside the <nfc> tag and has a value of true.
- Change the value to false.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Worker service on the machine.